THIS week for our summer holiday special we are bringing you a taste of America’s own Sunshine State – Florida!
Why not double up on the recipes and make spare, to pop in the freezer for when you fancy an American feast?
These easy burgers only take five minutes to prepare[/caption]
My top tip for you this week is all about preparation.
Before you get batching, make sure the kitchen is clean, bins emptied and the dishwasher ready for loading.
Trust me, it will make things so much easier.
Loaded Cajun Burgers
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
YOU WILL NEED
- 4 chicken breasts
- 5-6tsp Cajun spice
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- ½tsp garlic granules
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 4 rashers bacon
- To serve:
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- Little gem lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 slices cheese
- Cover the chicken breasts with cling film then, using the base of a saucepan, bash the chicken at its thickest part to flatten so it’s the same thickness all the way through. This will help it to cook evenly.
- Add the Cajun spice, paprika, garlic granules and olive oil to a large bowl and mix well. Add the chicken breasts to the spice paste, making sure to coat each one with the marinade.
- Transfer the coated chicken breasts to a large, reusable freezer bag. Add the bacon to the bag.
- Ready to freeze
- Place the freezer bag of chicken and bacon in the freezer with the ciabatta rolls next to them.
- Ready to cook
- Remove the chicken, bacon and rolls from the freezer and leave to defrost. Once defrosted, cook the chicken in a grill pan over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes each side, making sure the chicken is fully cooked through. In another frying pan, cook the bacon until crispy. Once the chicken is cooked, add a slice of cheese to each fillet, pop a lid on the frying pan and allow the cheese to melt, then remove from the heat.
- To make up your burgers, add the chicken with melted cheese to your ciabatta rolls, along with a rasher of crispy bacon, avocado, some lettuce and a squirt of mayo.
Suzanne specialises in affordable batch cooking[/caption]
Most read in Fabulous
- Follow The Batch Lady on Instagram and Facebook @thebatchlady.
- You can watch video of Suzanne preparing her recipes at thesun.co.uk/batchlady.