A MAN is in critical condition with 35 per cent burns after a suspected petrol bomb attack at his home.
Steven Watson, 50, was hauled from the inferno that had torched his ground floor flat in Grimsby at around 6am on Sunday.
Steven Watson, 50, was rescued from the blaze in the early hours of Sunday morning[/caption]
Police arrested two men, a 21-year-old and a 22-year-old, in wake of the horrific incident.
Steven was rescued from the blaze after his cousin rushed to his home to help him put out the fires in the property at St Luke’s Court and his BMW car.
A relative told Grimsby Live how he was initially rushed to the Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital in Lincolnshire.
But he was later transferred to a specialist burns unit at Wakefield Hospital after medics realised the severity of his injuries.
Steven is said to have suffered 35 per cent burns to his back and legs after a fire started in the front room.
His cousin claims a petrol bomb had been launched through the window while another was chucked at his car.
She said: “He is in a really bad way and we are not sure if he will survive. They had to put him in an induced coma and he is being fed through a tube.
“He has burns over his back and his behind and legs. He would probably have been asleep in the room. He uses it for sleeping and gaming.
Most read in The Sun
“He had not been out of hospital long, maybe about three weeks and he has long-Covid effects. We are all distraught.
“No one deserves that. We are all grateful to his cousin who ran round to him and put the fires out and to all the emergency services who attended.”
Today a Humberside Police spokeswoman said officers had made a further arrest in the investigation confirming on Monday that a 21-year-old man had been arrested.
He has since been bailed by police.
The spokeswoman said: “Two men have been arrested in connection with an incident where a man was injured in a fire on Heneage Road, Grimsby on Sunday.
“We were called shortly after 6am with reports that a car had allegedly been set alight.
“Emergency services attended and the man was taken to hospital for treatment to injuries that are thought to be serious, but not life-threatening.
“A man, aged 21 years has been released on police bail and the second man, aged 22 years has been released under investigation whilst we continue with lines of enquiry.
Read More on The Sun
“Officers are in the area, conducting patrols and carrying out enquiries, we ask anyone with concerns to please speak to them.
“If you have any information please call our non-emergency 101 line quoting log 135 of 24 April or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
Two men have been arrested after the alleged petrol bomb attack[/caption]