Instant messaging app WhatsApp has given a New Year gift to its users. Now you can comfortably send and receive messages using WhatsApp even if your phone is not connected to the Internet or is only running on 2G speed. Meta-owned WhatsApp itself tweeted about this new arrangement. The company made the announcement on Thursday, January 5. This feature has become available on both Android and iOS. How to run WhatsApp without internet, the company has told its complete process in a tweet.
This will be possible with a proxy
The company will use proxy technology to use WhatsApp without internet. WhatsApp has launched proxy support for users worldwide. With the help of proxy support, WhatsApp users can send and receive messages even without internet. You will get the facility to send messages without internet during train journey or any other journey. It will also benefit the areas where high speed internet has not yet reached. The good thing is that here you don’t have to worry about your privacy and security. According to the company, even with proxy support, your message will be end-to-end encrypted. Due to which there will be no possibility of fraud.
WhatsApp mentioned Iran in the tweet
WhatsApp mentioned Iran in one of its blog posts. The company said that the kind of problem we’ve been seeing in Iran for the past few months is frequent internet outages. This solution will help people and provide secure communication. Even in India, social media apps are usually blocked by the government in storm-hit areas. Sometimes the internet service is also stopped in some areas. In such a situation, it remains to be seen how the government controls the rumors after this proxy facility.
- What you have to do to run WhatsApp without internet
- To send messages without internet you need to update your WhatsApp first. On this you will get a new option in WhatsApp settings.
- After this you will get the storage and data option by clicking on the three dots given in the right corner of WhatsApp.
- Within this option you will see Proxy option.
- You have to tap on “Use Proxy” and enter the proxy address and tap on “Save” to connect.
- If the connection is successful you will see a checkmark.
- With the help of this feature, WhatsApp users will be able to stay connected by setting up proxy servers of volunteers and organizations around the world.
- The company has also provided information separately on how to get a secure and reliable proxy server with it.